PLE BlueEQ™ Leadership is a customized training workshop that focuses on the emotional intelligence of senior and executive-level leadership in law enforcement. As with the PLE CORE and Strategic workshops, this workshop grew out of our work with the US Department of Homeland Security, The Federal Law Enforcement Training Center (FLETC), the FBI National Academy Association, and several law enforcement agencies at the municipal, county, and state levels.
“This training was timely, relevant, and powerful. The transfer of ownership concept really hit home with me. Our agency has had many retirements and promotions. The entire senior staff has just under three years in their positions. Our future depends on our ability to apply the skills and tools taught in this course.”
Doug Muldoon, Chief of Police, Bay City Florida
The fundamental challenge of a senior or executive-level leader in law enforcement today is to create and maintain psychological safety and engaged organization. This requires the leader to have high emotional intelligence. When you consider a larger context of change, uncertainty, and turbulence that defines the 21st Century, the task of leading a highly effective law enforcement agency becomes daunting and yet exhilarating.
The 5 Functions
The senior/executive leader in law enforcement must gain threshold competency in five skills:
4. Social Perception
5. Social Effectiveness
Module 1: Why Emotional Intelligence?
The first module of the program is foundational in understanding the individuals emotional intelligence as the enabling precondition of personal development. Participants learn to apply an executive coaching methodology to their own development as they set and pursue individual developmental goals.
- Define emotional intelligence
- Identify career, agency and community impact of emotional intelligence
- Define your organization’s brand promise and relationship to EQ
- Interpret your BlueEQ™ results
Module 2: Creating Psychological Safety
Participants learn to create an intended culture within the organization by design.
- Explain the relationship between EQ and psychological safety
- Define the behavioral characteristics of a red and blue zone
Module 3: Building the Five Skills
Participants learn to apply a number of tools to increase the 5 skills. Set goals and a plan to increase participants goals.
- Prioritize your top three EQ development goals (i4P™step 2)
- Apply tools to practice and increase the five skill areas
- Create your 30-90 day personal plan to increase EQ (i4P™ step 3)
Module 4: Creating Sustainable Behavioral Change
Participants will be able to avoid the patterns and habits that hold them back from sustainable behavioral change.
- Define regression to the mean
- Explain the three patterns of deflection
Module 5: The i4P™ Process
Participants will be able to apply a structured change management process in order to increase emotional intelligence, allowing them to adapt constantly in a highly dynamic environment.
- Define muscle memory and the role of the peer coach
- Create a practice schedule to increase EQ (i4P™ step 4)
- Identify ways to measure your personal progress (i4P™step 5)
- Explain the four elements of the post-training commitment
- Preview BlueEQ™Academy
- Train onsite at your organization
What You Receive
Each participant in the workshop will receive:
- Bound participant manual
- i4P™ Personal development guide
- Learning Map and Table Kits
- Definitions Card
Please contact us directly for pricing information.
This workshop focuses on equipping senior leaders with the skills and tools they will need to lead law enforcement organizations in highly dynamic environments. Participants will come away with practical tools, skills, and behaviors to help them use emotional intelligence skills in leadership in the current context and make step-change improvements in their personal effectiveness.